An opportunity has arisen for an ambitious Graduate Building Surveyor to join a medium sized, multi-disciplinary consultancy to be based in their Reading office. A well-established organisation with multiple offices across the UK, they specialise in building, construction and property issues for commercial and private clients, and the public sector. They are now looking for a Graduate Building Surveyor to provide support to the Surveying team on a wide range of projects, including insurance work, primarily residential and commercial buildings in all forms of construction.
Role & Responsibilities of the Graduate Building Surveyor:
- Working with the Surveying team to inspect and provide advice on the design, construction, maintenance, repair, and refurbishment of all types of buildings and sites.
- Inspections to involve acquisition surveys, condition reports, measured surveys and defect investigations.
- To prepare reports, schedules of work and works specifications.
- To design and oversee works using recognised building contracts and to current technical standards.
- To develop an understanding and apply other relevant legislation such as health and safety, party wall, building regulations and planning.
- At all times to comply with the requirements of the Company’s administrative, personnel procedures and Health & Safety regulation
Skills & Experience of the Graduate Building Surveyor:
- Building Surveying degree
- The ability to think methodically.
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Salary & Benefits:
- £24K – £25K
- Generous employer contributory pension
- Full APC training
- Flexible and supportive employer
- Excellent opportunities for career progression and personal development
For further information or to apply please contact Alison Longdin on 07802 738567 or click Apply Now.