Fantastic opportunity for a Senior Building Surveyor to lead a team responsible for the maintenance, planned improvement and major refurbishment of social housing units.
Role & Responsibilities of the Senior Building Surveyor:
- Lead, motivate and manage staff and service suppliers to deliver improvement and maintenance services for the housing stock and the non-housing corporate property.
- Deliver the approved revenue and capital investment programme on time, in budget and to the required standard.
- Produce and instruct programmes of work for the team, setting targets for effective completion within appropriate timeframes.
- Regularly monitor budget expenditure, plan and manage work programmes achieving a high standard of budgetary and cost control.
- Prepare specifications, procure and manage projects as required.
Skills & Experience of the Senior Building Surveyor:
- Degree or appropriate equivalent technical qualification at a degree level, such as CIOB in a construction or engineering related discipline.
- Knowledge and familiarity with using current standard forms of building contract used in construction and maintenance work, especially JCT Intermediate Form of Building Contract, Minor Works Building Contract, Measured Term Contract.
- Experience of project managing projects from inception to completion, including all aspects of contract administration.
- Knowledge of building construction and building defects and experience of building maintenance, repair, refurbishment and improvement work.
- Experience of managing staff and acting in a supervisory role.
- IT literate – specifically Outlook, Word, Excel.
Salary & Benefits:
- £47K to £53K
- Car allowance
- Flexible working – flexitime & home working
- Attractive pension scheme
Please contact Alison Longdin on 02382 354100 or click Apply Now.