I am pleased to be partnering with Ridge & Partners to recruit a Senior Building Surveyor join their expanding building surveying team in Reading.
Ridge are a multi-award-winning property and construction consultancy, employing over 850 people across 12 locations. The building surveying team supports their clients at every stage of property investment from ownership and occupation, to acquisition and disposal. Their projects range from large industrial and commercial schemes to smaller schemes, working for interesting clients including schools / universities, retail, local authorities, housing associations, contractors, developers, etc.
Due to their continuing success, Ridge are now looking for a talented Senior Building Surveyor to join their experienced team in Reading.
Role & responsibilities of the Senior Building Surveyor:
- Provide advice on the design, construction, maintenance, repair and refurbishment of all types of residential and commercial property
- Carry out building and measured surveys
- Ensure buildings conform to the latest building regulations and technical standards
- Taking particulars on site, writing up specifications, obtaining estimates, planning maintenance programmes and administering contracts for maintenance work
- Analyse and report on building defects
- Handling claims and negotiations with loss adjusters leading to the preparation of drawings and specifications for remedial work
- Prepare schedules of dilapidations (land and buildings)
- Provide advice in connection with planning applications, appeals, boundary disputes, government grants, conducting arbitrations and acting as an expert witness
- Supervision of building work on site.
Skills & Experience of the Senior Building Surveyor:
- Client management and development
- Commercially astute
- People management
- Excellent communication skills
Salary & Benefits:
- Up to circa £60K (dependent on experience)
- Car allowance / access to flexible company car scheme
- 4 x salary life assurance cover
- Generous company sick pay scheme
- Income protection insurance
- Single cover private medical insurance, which can be extended to include family members at preferential rates
- Generous contributory company pension plan
- Gym membership scheme
- Options to buy and sell annual leave
- Flexible working