We’re pleased to be working in partnership with the Catholic Diocese of Portsmouth to recruit a Schools Building Surveyor to join their estates team. The Diocese of Portsmouth comprises 87 parishes and 56 maintained schools and academies across Hampshire, Dorset, Berkshire (except Slough), South Oxfordshire, the Isle of Wight, and the Channel Islands. This role will be responsible for managing the varied school estates and facilities, ensuring efficient maintenance, development, and compliance across the portfolio.
Role & responsibilities of the Schools Building Surveyor:
- Develop and manage the planned and responsive maintenance programme.
- Provide recommendations, prepare briefs and specifications, and ensure best practice and timely delivery of agreed projects for School buildings.
- Provide project management services to ensure the professional procurement and delivery of major and minor capital projects including new builds, refurbishments and improvements.
- Represent the Diocese with the Department of Education in relation to school’s building funding.
- Prepare and present School Estate related reports.
Skills & experience of the Schools Building Surveyor
- Experienced building surveyor who has preferably worked in schools or large institutions.
- Professional membership with either RICS or CIOB is preferred by not essential.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Comfortable report writing and presenting to stakeholders.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills to relate to stakeholders and volunteers
- Comfortable working within a church organisation
Salary & Benefits
- £50,000 – £60,000 base salary
- Hybrid working
- Company pension
- 37 hours per week
Please contact Andrew Lambert on 07568 490452 or click Apply Now.