A new opportunity for a Client Side Portfolio Asset Manager to join a development and management company based in Reading. The business prides itself on creating vibrant communities with long term ownership through the regeneration of unloved buildings with creativity and intensive management. They are now seeking a Senior Asset Manager to take responsibility for asset, property, operations and facilities management across a geographical portfolio valued at £100m+.
Role & Responsibilities of the Portfolio Asset Manager:
- Negotiate, instruct, manage and coordinate new lettings, lease renewals, and rent reviews, managing external advisors as required.
- Project strategy – contribute to the generation of strategy and implementation of projects through the life of asset. This will include everything from small refurbishments to building redevelopment.
- Work with the Senior Property Manager to ensure the properties operate at optimum efficiency, with maximum value.
- Responsibility for lease documentation production, review, enforcement and completion within required time frames.
- Prepare and maintain cashflow forecasts for each allocated asset for 5 year horizon in conjunction with the MD.
- Optimise mix of space and members/tenants to create vibrant community and maximise returns.
- Have a sound understanding of Property and service charge management, account reconciliation, budget preparation, cost control, procurement , so as to be able to work with the SPM to monitor operational spend to budget, and support best practice on site and internally.
Skills & Experience of the Portfolio Asset Manager:
- Ideally MRICS
- Deep understanding of Landlord and Tenant Law/Property law together with appraisals, investor returns analysis, valuations, rental markets, lettings, leasing, service charges and property management.
- Creative thinker with an eye for detail
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Adaptable and confident communication style
Salary & Benefits:
- £65K – £80K
- 10% Bonus
- Profit share scheme
- Life assurance
For further information or to apply please contact Alison Longdin on 07802 738567.