I’m pleased to be partnering with Reading Blue Coat School to recruit a Head of Property. Reading Blue Coat School are a leading independent day school for students from ages 11 to 18. Founded in 1646, the school is steeped in history and situated in a beautiful 46 acre, Thames fronted site in the Berkshire village of Sonning, 4 miles from Reading. They are now seeking a Head of Property to plan and deliver capital projects at the school, from smaller in-house projects to large projects as well as overall responsibility for planned and reactive maintenance.
Role & Responsibilities of the Head of Property:
- Work with the Bursar and Governors on the development and implementation of a Property Masterplan for the School over a rolling 10-year time period.
- Manage and provide the strategic and technical lead on all aspects of the property portfolio.
- Prepare business cases, feasibility, and option studies for material sized projects.
- Tender, award and manage major project contracts to deliver the estates masterplan.
- Manage and monitor procurement to ensure the best value for money.
- Act as client representative, alongside the Bursar on major capital estates projects, delivering to time, budget and required standards.
- Manage sub-contractors ensuring the Health & Safety and Safeguarding requirements are met, ensure new contractors are appropriately vetted.
- Maintain cost controls and identify variations to specifications and quality on building projects.
- Prepare and manage the Maintenance and Building Projects Budgets.
- Ensure that all School buildings are safe and secure at all times and adhere to Health and Safety requirements.
- The post holder is expected to be part of the rota of second line call out response.
Skills & Experience of the Head of Property:
- Project Management qualification desirable or equivalent relevant experience.
- Proven experience managing capital projects from conception to completion.
- Experience of managing a team and contractors/sub-contractors.
- Ability to communicate at all levels, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritise and meet tight deadlines.
Salary & Benefits:
- £47K – £55K
- Company car scheme
- Pension – employee contribution of 5% of salary and employer contribution 8% of salary
- Lunch and refreshments
- Blue Coat Benefit Hub – discounts, rewards, and perks on thousands of brands
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- 28 days’ paid annual leave plus 8 public holidays, increasing to 30 days after two years.
- Free membership of the school sports centre with access to fully equipped gym and swimming pool.
Please contact Alison Longdin on 07802 738567 or click Apply Now