A leading commercial property consultancy is seeking a Head of Building Surveying to lead their team in Reading. Established for over 30 years, they work with a broad range of regional and national developers, investors, and occupiers, offering an extensive range of property transaction, building surveying, occupational cost control, and management services covering the office, industrial and retail sectors.
Role & Responsibilities of the Building Surveyor:
- Responsibility for day-to-day management of the department
- Give guidance and direction, determining accountability and monitoring the work of the department.
- Developing the company’s client base to become and remain highly competitive.
- Supervising the financial affairs of their department and reporting regularly to the Managing Director.
- Provide regular reporting to the Managing Director dealing with finances, growth issues, management issues, risk issues and the implementation of business strategies.
- Identify the business requirement and needs of the department.
- Conduct Appraisals and performance review meetings for all staff within the department.
- Create a positive work environment that encourages teamwork, cooperation and collaboration in the department and the company.
- Provide professional and core building surveying services to clients of the business and perform the role of a Chartered Building Surveyor.
Skills & Experience of the Building Surveyor:
- Chartered Building Surveyor (with at least 5 years’ post qualification experience
- Proven track record in managing a team and supporting strategic delivery.
- Ability to communicate at all levels, both written and verbal.
Salary & Benefits:
- £65K – £75K
- Car allowance
- Private healthcare
Please contact Alison Longdin on 07802 738567 or click Apply Now.