I am pleased to be partnering with McBains to recruit an Associate Director to join their expanding cost management team in Maidenhead or London.
McBains are a self-contained, highly-experienced property and construction consultancy. With over 230 years of history they pride themselves in being accessible, flexible, ego-free, and focused on developing long term relationships with their clients and partners. They are bound by their values of integrity, understanding and flexibility, defining how they interact with clients, how they interact with each other, how they approach their work, and how they set the high standards they achieve.
Quantity Surveying is at the very heart of McBains’ approach and ethos and they continually develop the better way to meet the financial and cost control management needs of investors, developers and occupiers alike. Their cost management team provides a range of services including the obvious quantity surveying and procurement and project monitoring, but also: risk management, Value Engineering Services such as “what if” analysis, earned value analysis, litigation and investigation support services – including dispute resolution, expert witness and arbitration, and insurance valuations and claims – plus capital allowance and other revenue advice, cost-in-use analysis, lifecycle costing, sinking fund analysis and allocation.
Their projects are varied including offices, commercial and government, data centres, schools, financial banking, fire stations etc, and they have long term relationships with clients such as NatWest, SEGRO, DWP, DfE, Avon Fire & Rescue, Britvic, to name just a few.
Roles & Responsibilities of the Associate Director:
- Day-to-day delivery of projects
- Positively engaging with Clients and developing, growing and maintaining Client relationships.
- Developing the cost management strategy and delivery
- Establishing effective processes and systems to be utilised throughout the project
- Producing cost plans, feasibilities and optioneering
- Collation and issue of cost reports
- Change Management assessment, tracking and reporting
- Manage Risk processes and Value Management
- Work with supply chain and implement effective procurement
- Liaising with the client, contractors, and designers
- Managing sub-consultants and Construction Managers
- Attending and chairing meetings
- Mentoring of colleagues, work with graduates and trainees, and contribute to their established APC training programme.
Skills & Experience of the Associate Director:
- 7+ years’ experience
- Excellent verbal, numerical and report/proposal writing skills
- Excellent people skills and communicator, both with client teams and team based
- Commercially astute with good negotiation skills
- Flexible and can work to deadlines
- Ability to successfully manage and prioritise multiple projects and different stages of delivery
- Be conversant in large project delivery (up to £100m)
- JCT and NEC experience
- BTR experience
- Assisting in the development of new business opportunities with existing and new clients.
Salary & Benefits:
- £65K – £75K
- Private medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Options to buy and sell holiday
- Life insurance
- Travel insurance
- Bike 2 work scheme
- Professional subscription paid
Please contact Alison Longdin on 07802 738567 or click Apply Now.